Instant Pot Pulled Pork
This is one of my family’s favorite IP recipes! Each time I make it I’m amazed that I made this tender, delicious pulled pork in under an hour – it’s truly amazing! This takes less than 10 minutes to throw together, and then the Instant Pot does most the work! If you’re a BBQ fan, but don’t have time to smoke or slow roast a pork butt on a weeknight, this recipe is for you!
Pulled Pork (Instant Pot)
3-4lb pork butt, cut into 3 to 4 inch pieces
½ cup brown sugar
2 tsp salt
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
½ cup beef broth
½ cup BBQ sauce (all-natural is best)
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Add brown sugar and all dry seasonings to a bowl and mix well.
- Place pork in the Instant Pot and pour seasoning mix over top. Use tongs to ensure that pork is completely covered with the seasoning mix.
- In another bowl, stir together broth, BBQ sauce and vinegar. Pour into the IP.
- Place lid securely on the IP, and turn knob to sealing. Set it for high-pressure for 40 minutes. Allow natural pressure release for at least 10 minutes (can be longer!), then you can turn the knob to venting. Make sure pressure valve is down before removing the lid.
- Using a ladle, skim off any fat that is floating on the surface. There will be a lot of liquid remaining. Use a fork to shred the pork. Serve on a bun or in a baked potato!